2/13/2020 – The recipe below was inspired by Ina Garten’s 1000 Island Dressing recipe here.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 1 teaspoon minced gherkins
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Made a double batch and it was too much for a pint jar. A triple batch would be about right to almost fill a quart.
A kicked-up version to try.
- ¾ cup good mayonnaise
- ¼ cup good ketchup
- 2 Tbsp light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp capers, minced then measured
- 2 tsp. dill pickles, minced then measured
- 1 ½ Tbsp sweet relish, measured then somewhat drained in a napkin
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Next Time – The first prep was a bit bland. The kicked-up version above will help but also add ground cayenne pepper.