9/2/2019 – Following the advice found at canning forums, as extracted here, I prepared two pints of fresh okra per the following.
- Cut stems from okra
- Dipped the two pint jars into boiling water along with the lids
- Boiled 1.5 cups of ACV and 1.5 cups of water with 6 garlic fingers
- Filled the jars with the okra pods and added:
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes;
- a scant 1/4 tsp of kosher salt, and
- 1/8 tsp of Mrs. Wage’s Xtra Crunch.
- Tilted the jars back and forth 3 or 4 times to mix the ingredients
- Applied lids and bands and wait and see.