4 Russet potatoes washed, scrubbed and dried
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/3 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
6 pieces of cooked bacon
5 green onions, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and spray a large baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Wash, scrub and dry your potatoes and then slice your potatoes about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Add your potato slices to a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil and spices. Toss to combine before moving them to your baking pan and laying your potato slices in a single layer. I usually use two 13×9 cookie sheets or one large jelly roll pan.
- Bake your potatoes for 20 minutes, flip the slices over and then bake for another 20 minutes.
- Take your potatoes out of the oven and set your oven to Broil. Transfer your potato slices to a large oven-safe skillet or casserole pan. Lay your potatoes in a single layer then top with shredded cheese, bacon and green onions. Add a second layer of potatoes and toppings and continue until you have used up all of your potatoes.
- Once you have completely covered your potatoes, pop them back in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until your cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve with sour cream.