All text below was extracted from the Wayback site as Raye and Susan’s site is no longer online.
First Place. (Click on photos to enlarge.)
- The secret ingredients for the Iron Chef Bradley I are:
- Pork Tenderloin (Note this recipe used a pork loin)
- Pine Nuts
This recipe follows the guidelines of the ICB rules. You can easily adapt the cooking method and prepare this same dish on your kitchen stove top and/or oven.
- 1/4 C. finely chopped raisins
- 2 oz. finely chopped pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 5 oz of blue cheese
- 2 – 3 lb. pork loin.
- 1 pound apple smoked bacon
- Preheat smoker to 220°F. While smoker is preheating combine raisins, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Butterfly the pork loin by first slicing the pork lengthwise, cutting into but not through to the other side. Open the halves, laying pork flat. Slice each half lengthwise; again cutting into but not through to the other side, and open flat. Place plastic wrap over pork, and flatten to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- Break blue cheese up into small pieces and sprinkle it over the pork. Next spread spinach mixture over the blue cheese, then cover that with the raisin and pine nut mixture.
- From the short end, tightly roll up pork jellyroll fashion.
- Prepare a Bacon Weave, and wrap that around the stuffed pork loin.
- Place seam side down in preheated smoker and apply smoke with apple briquettes for 2 hours. Continue to slow cook for 4 more hours, or until internal temp reaches 170°F for well done, or 145°F for medium.
- Let rest for 15 – 25 minutes, slice and serve with your favorite side dishes.