This is always Tom’s favorite.By Trisha Yearwood
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 10 slices bacon
- 3 heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic powder and onion powder. Whisk the mixture together until smooth. Add the blue cheese and mix just until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up 2 days before serving.
Cut the bacon into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces and cook them in a large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.