10/14/2019 – This recipe turned out great and was easy. It was adapted from one here. Her recipe was adapted from one at Delish that is below for consideration as it has a few ingredients we might like to add–such as butter and cayenne.
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a no. 8 cast-iron skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove, cool, and crumble.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, stirring occasionally so sprouts develop a dark brown color. Cook until nearly tender. Season with kosher salt.
- Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Deglaze the skillet with white wine and put into a baking dish.
- Pour the cream over the sprouts and sprinkle with the bacon and Italian cheese blend. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
The Original Recipe adapted from Delish is as follows. The items in bold are the different ingredients. The butter could add to the richness and the cayenne give it a fuller flavor…although 1/2 tsp maybe too much.
5 slices bacon
3 tbsp. butter
2 small shallots, minced
2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. shredded sharp white cheddar
1/2 c. shredded Gruyère