- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup, or 8 tablespoons
- ½ cup Louisiana style hot sauce – Franks Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked Spanish
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Adjust heat with Cayenne.
Buffalo Chicken Wing Sauce
Who Invented Buffalo Sauce?
Teressa Bellissimo, owner of Anchor Bar, [in Buffalo NY] invented Buffalo sauce in 1964. At the time, chicken wings were usually thrown out or used to make stock for soup. When Bellissimo’s son asked her to prepare a late-night snack for his friends, she deep-fried the wings and tossed them in a buttery hot sauce. Thus, Buffalo wings (and Buffalo sauce) were born.
? cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®)
½ cup cold unsalted butter
1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
? teaspoon garlic powder
salt to taste
- Combine hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk.
- As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove it from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.