2/5/2019 – This recipe was inspired by like Tim Acosta’s–Rouses’ Marketing Manager–recipe on page 29 of Rouse’s Magazine’s holiday issue for November/December 2018. The d
~1 lb. Rouses Green Onion Sausage
~1 lb. lean ground beef
3 shakes of 6POGS [next time try 6 shakes or 1T]
3 medium yellow onions chopped
1 medium bell pepper
4 cloves of garlic
1-T of Whol’s Creole Seasoning [he called for Tony Chacheres]
2 cans of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis
2-t Worcestershire Sauce [he called for 2-t of Kitchen Bouquet]
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1-T of Crystal Hot Sauce [he called for 1T Cajun Power Garlic Sauce and 1T Delatto Hot Pepper Garlic Sauce]
1 large dense cabbage
1 cup uncooked rice
1 cup chicken broth plus more to make the rice correct
- Brown the meats in the bacon grease and 6POGS. Remove leaving the drippings.
- Saute the veggies, other than the cabbage, in the skillet with the drippings
- Return the meat
- Add the Rotel and other seasonings and let combine
- Add the cabbage, broth, and rice.
- Put covered into the oven at 350 to cook for one hour.