Not quite overcooked but too bland. Some good points here about next time.
- 3# fresh headless, 21-30 count, white shrimp.
- 6 qts. water
- 2 lemons sliced in half and juice squeezed out with Mary’s lemon juicer
- 2T Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup of table salt
- 2 cups Zatarain’s shrimp boil concentrate from the big jug. Did not have our homemade seasoning blend.
- 1/2 yellow large onion cut into thirds
- 8-10 small red and pearl potatoes
- About four garlic cloves.
Brought all to a boil then simmered for 45 minutes. When potatoes were tender removed them to a bowl cover by a dish towel then into the microwave to stay warm.
Returned pot to a gentle rolling boil and added shrimp.
When 10-15 floated added ice cubes and left to season for 30 minutes. Still warm when strained out. Cooled on the tray and when we ate they were bland.
NEXT TIME – Use 50% more crab boil concentrate and 50% more cayenne. Add 50% more salt. Maybe 2 cups of our boil seasoning blend. Need frozen plastic bottles of water to cool it quickly and not dilute the seasoning.