This recipe was inspired by WhatsInThePan.com. Make it with fresh zucchini pasta.
- 1 lb. shrimp
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 6 oz cajun smoked sausage (thinly sliced)
- 10 ounces zucchini pasta
- ½ yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 2/3 cup Grated Parmesan
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, Creole seasoning, and Oregano, and coat well. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle bottom of the pan with olive oil.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two. Then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Drizzle pan with a little more olive oil, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 – 5 minutes. Remove to plate, set aside.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water
- Lower heat to medium and add a bit more olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, Creole seasoning, brown sugar, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and Half & Half. Bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, simmer a couple minutes.
- Once simmering, add Parmesan and stir into sauce. When Parmesan is blended in, add zucchini and sausage and stir to combine and heat through, 2 – 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste
- Add shrimp.