6/29/2020 – Last year’s canned tomatoes were amazingly good so this effort follows that one.
- Wash and trim raw tomatoes.
- Remove the skin in a boiling water bath.
- Trim any damaged parts.
- Strain in a colander over a large pot. The liquid that drained was used in tomato soup.
- Fill jars including citric acid
- Process in the canner at 10 psi for 25 minutes per USDA. But, from Balls web page titled Tomatoes Whole, Halved or Quartered – Pressure Canning. “Process pints and quarts 10 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure in a pressure canner”.
4/17/2021 – Opened one quart and used it in a large chili dish. They smelled great!