1t crushed red pepper
1t ground black pepper
1t dried oregano
1t dried basil
1t granulated garlic
1t minced garlic
1t kosher salt
1/4C olive oil served over spice mix as desired
Italian Bread Dipping (Oil) Sauce
Restaurant-style sauce with Italian herbs and balsamic vinegar perfect for dipping your favorite crusty bread. Mix it up with your favorite herbs and add a spicy kick to create your own flavor blend.
- 2 teaspoons dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- A pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed (or minced, if preferred)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin (good quality) Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (or to taste)
- Salt and fresh ground Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan Cheese (for sprinkling)
- Place the herbs, chili flakes (if using) and garlic in a bowl. Pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and gently stir. Season with a little salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide into 3 smaller dipping bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top. Serve with freshly warmed crusty bread!
Yield: 3 servings in small Dipping Bowls