Frank Knippenberg made this to top a pumpkin pie for the 2019 Thanksgiving lunch. Everyone raved as it was great on all the cakes as well as the pie.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (option is vanilla)
- Add heavy cream, sugar, and almond extract. Whip until soft peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving.
If making it with vanilla:
- Split 1/2 vanilla bean lengthwise with the tip of a sharp knife. Holding the pod open, scrape seeds from each half using the flat side of the knife. Transfer seeds to a large bowl; discard pod.
- Pour heavy cream over vanilla seeds.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whip until soft peaks form.