5/26/2021 – This dish was inspired by the recipe here. We liked it although it needed more peaches.
1 medium peach from our tree, peeled and chopped
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil from our garden
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
4 boneless large chicken thighs
- For the salsa, combined peaches, avocado, red pepper, onion, basil [try cilantro], lime juice, hot sauce, lime zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkled chicken lightly with salt then Creole Poultry Seasoning. Let it dry brine for about two hours. Grilled on the hot gas grill turning regularly and piercing with the tongs.
- Served after the chicken rested about 5 minutes in aluminum foil.
- Need “enough” peach as on 5/26 Mary added just one of ours and the salsa had little peach flavor.
- Could benefit from more hot pepper sauce with the additional peach to create a sweet-and-sour tone.
- Cilantro would be a good substitute for the basil or add more basil.
- The avocado above was very ripe and a bit mushy. One not so ripe could be better.