Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.