3/12/2019 – This dish was intended to create one Mary would like as much as Popeye’s Dirty Rice. We liked it the first meal when it was fresh and it was maybe better warmed in the microwave the next day.
Credit should be given to Paul Prudhomme’s recipe that was on the counter for reference although the individual ingredients are different.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 C of red onion chopped
- 1 C celery chopped
- 1 C bell pepper
- 1-1/2 C homemade turkey broth
- 1-1/2 C uncooked long grain white rice
- 3 T 6POGS, Blend 8
- Browned pork in olive oil but should have used bacon grease.
- Remove and saute veggies.
- Add broth, 6POGS,
- Added water when needed as the rice cooked.
- Simmered slowly until the liquid was absorbed.