4 large eggs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1T Bacon grease
1 strip of thick sliced bacon cut into less than 1/4″ pieces
1 C green onion tops chopped
3 cups spinach fresh from the garden chopped into wide ribbons
1–2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt bacon grease in No. 8 CI Skillet then add the chopped strip of bacon. After the bits have begun to brown add the red pepper flakes and chopped green onion tops. Saute for a minute or so until the onion is beginning to wilt slightly.
- Spread the chopped spinach over the skillet and cover.* Let simmer until the spinach has wilted well but not to the point of being limp.
- Make four wells in the spinach and add an egg to each. Cover and let cook until the egg whites are beginning to become white.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Cover and let simmer until the whites are firm and the yolks are still liquid.
Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally until just set, about 1 minute.
* The Tomato Alternative
- Make two wells in the spinach and add two 1/4″ thick slices of tomato. Flip them once they are beginning to soften
- When the flipped slices are softened make a well in each and wells in the spinach between them.
- add the eggs in the four wells. Cover with the CI lid and let cook slowly until the whites begin to set
- then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese. Re-cover and let simmer until the whites are fully set.