7/29/2019 – The recipe below was inspired by the one at AllRecipes here. They turned out very flavorful but could use a little more kick. The drumsticks used had been cut from leg quarters yesterday, salted to dry brine and had course ground black pepper added. The marinade here was added to the ziplock bag about 3 pm then roasted about 5:30. Should also use an internal thermometer so they do not “over-roast”.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large limes, juiced, and the zest of one
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped and packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 skinless chicken drumsticks
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, diced garlic, onion powder, chipotle, oregano, cilantro, and black pepper in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add chicken drumsticks; turn to coat evenly.
- Let chicken marinate in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Let chicken come to room temperature, about 25 minutes. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until browned, about 25 minutes. Flip chicken and baste with juices if there are any. Insert temperature probe. Continue cooking until browned on the second side, 10 to 15 minutes more and 165 degrees internal temp.
- Cover chicken with aluminum foil. Let stand before serving, about 5 minutes.