7/23/2019 – We’ve been wanting to make a green salsa with the green tomatoes and today we were inspired by the recipe here. What we did turned out very hot but had a good flavor.
- 2 Limes, juice only
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- Coarse ground black pepper shaken one time liberally around the processor
- 1/2 heaping tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 heaping tsp Cumin
- 1/2 heaping tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 cup fresh Cilantro, heavy stems removed
- 1 average Onion
- 1 jalapeno and 2 serranos from our garden
- 4 Cups chopped Green Tomatoes from our garden
- Salt to taste if needed
- Removed cores and skin from tomatoes.
- Very coarsely chopped all ingredients to about the same size
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, other than the peppers, and pulsed to desired consistency.
- Pour the contents of the processor into a bowl and put the peppers in with a little salsa and juice. Pulsed it until the peppers were very small pieces.
- Mixed the finely chopped peppers into the contents of the bowl
- Put the salsa into two pint-size canning jars. The second jar was not quite full.
Made almost 2 pints.