Prepared the Grits
Used 2C chicken broth Mary said was about to go bad rather than what the recipe called; i.e. 1 cup water + 1 cup store-bought Swanson’s chicken broth.
2 tablespoons butter
~3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup grits
Sauteing the Chaurice
- 2 count of olive oil in the fancy large flat skillet heated then 1 lb. of our 1st chaurice frozen in a vac pack. Sauteed to lightly cooked. Removed to a plate with paper towels
- To the juices in the pan add butter, pepper flakes, and chopped garlic. When the garlic is aromatic add the shrimp.
- 1/4 cup butter added to the skillet that the chorizo had cooked in.
- ~2 T chopped garlic
- ~1 T red pepper flakes
- Saute lightly then add the seasoned shrimp. Saute the shrimp until almost pink then add the chorizo.
- When the shrimp are the right pink, serve on top of the grits.