5/6/2019 – This dish was first made on 11/13/2018 but that post was edited to what is below as the changes made it even better. It was very good and is now tagged as a favorite.
1-1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 link Conecuh Cracked Black Pepper Sausage
3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
1 bell pepper
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can Rotel drained
3 big garlic toes
1 cup chopped onion – Used our multiplying onions
3/4 cup half & half
Red Pepper Flakes
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese for layering
Panko crumbs as a topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and sausage; drain the fat. In the skillet with the meat saute the:
- bell pepper,
- pepper flakes,
- 6POGs, and
- mushrooms added near the end
- Separately, combine cream of mushroom soup, Rotel, and milk. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture, meat, and cheese in an 11×7 inch baking dish. Top with the Panko crumbs.
- Baked in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender.