- 12 Med/Large fresh Jalapenos
- 1 Box of Cornbread Mix (use a sweet mix)
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar (1 cup for the batter..1/2 cup for sprinkiling)
- 1 Cup corn fresh OR canned is just fine
- Slice each jalapeno down the center and carefully remove all the seeds and veins..set aside. To further lower the heat scrape out the pithy inside membrane. The majority of the capsaicin is in both of them.
- In a medium bowl, mix up the Cornbread batter according to the box instructions, add in the Corn and 1 cup of the Cheddar.
- Fill sliced jalapenos.
- Place them on a baking rack & sheet pan, bake them at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Cornbread is firm and cooked through. They will be puffed and cheesy too!
Read more at http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/08/jalapeno-cornbread-poppers.html#SEczBG3hkz4aTZjz.99