- Dry-brine for 2 hours a 1-1/2″ steak.
- Let warm up before searing
- Use a paper towel to dry the steaks. We want them as dry as possible so they will brown with as little steam as possible.
- Sear in a hot skillet with a bit of oil.
- Season with his Texas Rub
- Smoke at 230° until IT is 135° for med rare
- When they’ve been in the smoker for about 30 minutes, it’s a good idea to baste them with something to keep them moist.
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
½ cup Worcestershire
¼ cup olive oil
- Rest for 4-7 minutes