9/15/2021 – The dish was created by Mary to use the meat from bone-in, country-style pork ribs (CSRs) leftover from a large package we made a few days ago. This turned out great and will be made again as we will make sure there are leftover ribs with the next BBQ.
How the CSRs were made was an important part of the flavor profile of this dish. They were salted to dry brine and at the same time were covered well with 6POGS. After about 4 hours in the refer they were grilled on the gas grill to get that grilled flavor. Then laid in an aluminum foil wrap, seasoned with more 6POGS, some apple cider vinegar was added, and then the foil was folded over tightly and baked at 300° until tender. After a great meal of CSRs, the leftover ribs were refrigerated.
Directions after the CSRs are cooked:
- Remove the bones and any heavy fat from the cold leftover ribs and thin slice the meat.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves diced
- In a large castiron skillet add bacon grease and heat until warm.
- Add onions, bell peppers and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and sliced meat.
- Add So Good BBQ sauce.
- Saute covered on low until tender.
- Serve over rice made with a flavorful broth.