4/30/2019 – We have tried the LDG Kraut enough to know the first batch is very good. So this is a big batch as we have two small heads and two large heads of cabbage. This batch uses the two small and one of the large heads.
- 2 very small and 1 large head of cabbage – 2,538 gms
- 4 large toes of garlic that weighted 20 gms.
- 5 grams of dill that is equates to 0.00197% of the cabbage
- 2 full tablespoons of fresh lemon juice plus a scant tablespoon.
- 43.6 gm salt that is 1.7% of the cabbage plus garlic plus dill.
This 2,500 gms of cabbage nicely “filled” two 1/2 gallon jars. There was about 1.5″ of headspace. That equates to about 3 lbs. of cabbage to fill a 1/2 gallon jar.