4/14/2019 – Made this generally following the Lemon-Dill Kraut on page 134 of our copy of Fermented Vegetables by Shockey & Shockey. On 4/29/2019 we tried it an liked it a lot.
- 1 avg head of cabbage that weighted 899 gms or almost 2 lbs.
- At 1.7% salt level added 15 gm.
- Dill dried – 2 tsp that weighted 2 gms
- Lemon Juice – 4 tsp*
- Garlic minced – 2 avg toes
- Chopped up everything as usual
- Added the salt, dried dill and Lemon Juice per their recipe and let sit until “glistened”.
- Added the garlic
- Packed in a jar with an air gap lid.
8/12/2019 – *This happens to be 1 tbsp of juice per about 600 gms of cabbage.