First made on March 4, 2015.
1 small bunch of mustard greens
2 strips of thick sliced smoked bacon
1 white end of a leek
2 cloves garlic minced
Salt and pepper to taste
- In large dry skillet begin cooking 2 strips of thick slice smoked bacon cut in 1/2″ long pieces.
- When the bacon has cooked enough to have bacon fat pooled in the pan, but not done, add the white part of the leek cut into 1/2″ pieces broken into ringlets and sweat them;
- Add 1T butter to increase the fat level;
- Deglaze with cheap chardonnay and once deglazed add more wine to create a thin sauce;
- Add greens that have been rough cut to 3/4″ slices;
- Steam with lid to wilt then add 2 gloves of minced garlic;
- season to taste with fresh-ground course black pepper and kosher salt;
- Cook until almost done and turn off until Tom is home from work;
- Reheat to finish cooking and serve.