5/28/2020 – The chicken in this great meal was inspired by TheMediterraneanDish.com. Mary made the marinaded chicken breasts and veggies and we grilled them on the Weber Kettle. The chicken was very flavorful and the grilled fresh zucchini, pattypan squash, and corn on the cobb from our garden were fantastic. Served it with our version of Ina’s Tazaki Sauce.
10-12 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon (TheDish called for green cardamom)
Salt and pepper
5 tbsp olive oil, divided
3 large chicken breasts (TheDish called for 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
1 large red onion, sliced
Juice of 2 lemons
Grilled Veggie Preparation
- Sliced 6″ zucchini in half longways; Pattypan’s in half to separate the top and bottom. Seasoned them with salt, pepper, and creole seasoning.
- Rubbed the corn cobbs with olive oil then creole seasoning.
Chicken Prep and Grilling
- Mix together the minced garlic, spices, and 3 tbsp olive oil. Rub the chicken with the garlic-spice mixture.
- Place the spiced chicken in a large dish on a bed of sliced red onions with lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Covered and refrigerated for about 2 hours.
- Started a full chimney of Kingsford Blue and when almost all gray spread them over the coal grate. The chicken cooked quickly–maybe five minutes per side.
- Put grilling mats on the grate and grilled the veggies on them. They cooked slower but came off the grill very clean.
Suzy of TheMediterraneanDish serves it with a Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce.