- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds;
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds;
- 1/3 cup dark ale or beer good quality;
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar;
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar or both if you like it sweet.
- I blend in 2 tablespoons of good quality EVOO.
- salt to taste.
- sometimes add a little horseradish to give more heat and flavor
Grind mustard seed, mix ingredients, put in container and let rest for at least 24 hours. I like to make a huge batch. Keeps in the frig for months just keeps aging.
Mustard for turkey use white wine and white wine vinegar.
Smokin’ Vegas posted this here at SMF.
3/12/2017 – Made first batch without the sugar and used Medra Negro for the beer. Very strong. Need to add some sugar and let mellow.