Kelley, with help from Mary, made this following a recipe on her telephone and improvisions while I was working on Turkey and Sausage Gumbo for later. It is included here so one day we can remember how she and Mary made them.
- Spread cajun spicy mustard on Jewish Rye bread
- Placed three thickish 1″x1.5″ slices of Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese on each slice of bread so there would be cheese on both sides of the meat.
- Added turkey breast meat and put the other bread slice with cheese over it.
- On mine they smeared on leftover turkey dressing and on theirs they put the dressing plus Mary’s Ina-Cognac gravey.
- Buttered both sides with melted butter
- Grilled each sandwich separately in the panini press until they were lightly toasted. The cheese had also melted and the whole thing was much thinner.
Tasted good while reminding me of a grilled cheese sandwich. The turkey flavor was lost in the flavors of the cheese, rye bread and butter. Mary and Kelley really like their creation.