10/5/2019 – This ferment is essentially the same as No. 2. Nothing was changed other than making it in two quart jars. The salt level was good for taste and firmness.
- Banana peppers sliced 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick. Most were yellow with a few orange and a few red.
- Red Hungarian Hot Wax pepper; About 4″ in each quart jar sliced 1/8″ thick with the seeds as was done in past ferments.
- Yellow onion slices – about 1 part to 3 parts of the peppers
- 4 tsp Dill Seed per quart
- 4 tsp Yellow Mustard seed per quart
- 6% brine
Used the meat mallet to pack them down (collapse the slices) as we did in past ferments. Added the ingredients in three layers.
One of these jars has the green, flat, silicone lid with the nipple to let out the gas that came with the last pack of seven glass weights. They both have printed labels dated 10/5/2019.