10/30/2019 – This ferment is essentially the same as No. 2 and 3 other than substituting a cayenne pepper for the Hungarian Hot Wax. It only made one quart as that was the final lot of banana peppers that have been in the refrigerator for the past 2-3 weeks.
- Banana peppers from the garden sliced 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick. Most were yellow with a few orange and a few red.
- Red Cayenne Pepper from the garden about 4″ long sliced 1/16″ thick with the seeds.
- Yellow onion slices and squares– about 1 part to 3 parts of the peppers
- 4 tsp Dill Seed per quart
- 4 tsp Yellow Mustard seed per quart
- 6% brine
Used the meat mallet to pack them down (collapse the slices) as we did in past ferments. Added the ingredients in two layers.
The jar has the blue, flat, silicone lid with the nipple to let out the gas and has a printed label dated 10/30/2019.