8/14/2020 – Picked our first mess of peppers–from Mary’s Garden–that is enough to fill a quart jar. Looked around for an interesting recipe and found this one. This preparation was inspired by her recipe.
- pepperoncini peppers – enough to fill a quart jar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 bay leaves – They are old and not much aroma.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Ball’s Pickle Crisp Granules
- Washed the peppers and stuck a thin knife through each one to allow the liquid and flavorings to get inside.
- Boiled the water, vinegar, and salt. Let it cool to a “very warm” level.
- Filled the quart jar with the peppers, bay leaves, garlic, Pickle Crisp, and peppercorns.
- Poured the very warm liquid over the peppers and let the liquid percolate inside the peppers. Topped off until everything stayed submerged.
- Put on a plastic lid and refrigerated for 3 days.