About 8/20/2019 – In late September, we opened a pint jar of fermented banana peppers with seasonings, onion, and a few red pepper slices. It was really good. Came back here to find the entry and could not. So, below is what we think is in it and this post is dated when we think it was made. On 1/1/2020 finished a quart that has been in the refrigerator a while. The peppers and onions were crunchy. This was a great ferment.
- Banana peppers sliced 1/2″ thick. Most were yellow with a few orange.
- Red Hungarian Hot Wax pepper; 1/2 of one in the pint jar sliced 1/8″ thick. Found the tip of a red pepper and it is clearly a Hungarian.
- Yellow onion slices – about 1 part to 3 parts of the peppers
- Dill Weed – maybe a teaspoon
- Yellow Mustard seed – maybe 1 heaping teaspoon
- Probably 6% brine