6/10/2021 – Mary made this and it was great. It made a quart and a pint jar full.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1½ Kosher salt
- 24 black peppercorns
- 2 red onions, large monsters
- 3 jalapenos, large, 3″ and fat
- Heat the water. vinegar, salt, and pepper to almost boiling, turned off.
- Thinly slice the onions and the jalapeno.
- Heat a separate pot of water to boiling. Add the onions and jalapenos to a large enough pot and pour in the boiling water. Let steep for one minute. Drain and put the onions and jalapenos into mason jars.
- Pour in the brine to cover the veggies.
- Install lid, label with date, and refrigerate until gone.