6/30/2020 – Mary made this with fresh tomatillos from our garden. It was really good.
- 8 ounces (3 to 4 medium) tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- Fresh hot large jalapeno with seeds
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 6 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Roast the tomatillos, chile(s), and garlic under the broiler on high until blotchy black and softening.
- Flip them over and roast the other side. Cool, then transfer everything to a blender including the juice from the tomatillos.
- Add the cilantro and blend to a coarse puree. Scoop into a serving dish.
- Add the onion.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add water if needed for the desired consistency.