12/30/2021 – This is the first smoke with the Rectec of shrimp. Shelled, deveined, and seasoned with Creole Seasoning one lb of 16-20 shrimp. Wrapped most in Zeigler bacon and smoked them. Turned out very good and we learned a few things.
- Partially fried the bacon in a skillet until the meat part was becoming firm. A few pieces were too done and did not wrapped tightly.
- Cut the strips in half and wrapped the shrimp. The strip went around once on the larger ones and the tag ends hung out.
- Put them on a wire rack on a sheet pan that had been sprayed with Pam.
- Preheated the Rectec to 180°, Extreme Smoke.
- 5:30 PM – Out the sheet pan with shrimp into the smoker.
- 5:55 – raised the smoker to 400°.
- 6:10 – Smoker is at 400°.
- 6:50 – Bacon is done with little visible white fat.
- Use larger shrimp and may need toothpicks but the loose ends smoked was nice.
- Serve with a hot bacon/garlic/pepper flakes for dipping
- Could try with 45 minutes of Extreme Smoke
- Could stuff larger shrimp with jalapenos and/or creme cheese with a full strip of bacon
- Try pre-smoking bacon instead of frying.