10/3/2020 – We made a most wonderful meal that is clearly rated To-Die-For.
Several parts were made independently and then blended to make the meal.
- Shrimp – 18-20 large shrimp were thawed, headed, shelled, deveined, and butterflied but not cut through. Rubbed in Kit Whol’s creole seasoning.
- Spicy Cheese Stuffing –
- 8 oz. creme cheese was taken out of the refrigerator and let come to room temperature…almost.
- 3 green onions from the garden, white and green parts diced.
- half a 4″ long poblano hot pepper, from our garden, roasted today and chopped fine.
- juice from half of a fresh lime
- ½ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Siracha. Two squeezes that were about 2 tablespoons total
- Kit Whol’s creole seasoning
- Half strips of Zeigler Bacon were initially cooked in a 400° oven to about 50% cooked with the meat turning slightly dark and the fat white. The strips were still limp and easily wrapped around the stuffed shrimp. While still hot, sprinkled Kit Whol’s creole seasoning on the top side.
- Reheated Jasmine rice (about 1.5 cups) cooked several days ago with Ina’s broth and green onions from the garden. As the above quantities made more spicy cheese stuffing that could be used in the shrimp, about ½ cup was added to the warmed rice and stirred in. That was genius as it made the rice really special. There was still some leftover for another day.
Putting it Together
- The butterflied shrimp were filled with a glob of the spicy cheese and wrapped in a half-strip of half-cooked Ziegler bacon.
- Shook a somewhat heavy level of Kit Whol’s creole seasoning on them.
- The wrapped shrimp were seared on a grilling mat on the hot gas grill mostly with the lid closed until they were the pink shade of not-overcooked shrimp. Maybe 8-10 minutes.
They were served next to the warmed, seasoned rice.