This recipe is offered on the FaceBook page of Chef Elliott Farmer.
“Here’s a recipe that I love…Shrimp Scampi Florentine”
1/3 c cream cheese
8 oz mozerella cheese, shredded
2 T butter
2 T prepared basil pesto
2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 sm green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
1 t old bay seasoning, or to taste
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 c fresh spinach
- Combine the butter and cream cheese in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in pesto, green chili and tomatoes. Simmer until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Season with old bay seasoning to taste.
- Add cheese and stir constantly until melted.
- Stir the shrimp into the sauce, and cook just until they turn pink.
- Add the spinach, and stir until wilted, about 1 minute.