6/16/2021 – Mary made this up as she went surrounded by piles of yellow squash and zuchinni and boneless chicken thighs in the refrigerator. It turned out very good and one she will want to repeat so here it is.
- 4 large boneless chicken thighs cut into 2″ pieces
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bacon Grease
- 3 smallish young yellow squash from the garden this morning cut into 3/4″ coins
- 4 small zucchini from the garden this morning cut into 3/4″ coins
- 1 small bell pepper from the garden this morning
- ½ large yellow onion chopped into minimum ½” pieces
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thin
- Our Mediterranean Seasoning
- Kosher Salt and fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes from the garden this week
- In our 10″ All-Clad skillet, sauteed the garlic in the olive oil and bacon grease until the oil is flavored but the garlic is not beginning to fry. Removed the garlic and saved it.
- Season the chicken with the Mediterranean Seasoning plus salt and pepper and saute until it is done. remove it.
- Added the onion, bell pepper, and the saved garlic and stirred until the edges begin to soften. Then added the squash and zucchini stirring as it all cooked.
- Sprinkled with more Mediterranean Seasoning and coarse ground black pepper and salt. As it cooked it became a bit dry several times so enough chicken broth was added to keep it simmering.
- Once everything was getting close to done, returned the chicken and added fresh tomatoes cut into 8ths.
- Once the tomatoes had heated and the edges began to soften, plated it and sprinkled with parmesan cheese slivers.