11/17/2021 – Bought a small Smithfield ham, ground beef, ground pork, and Rouces’ Armadillo Eggs with Butt Rub.
Set the RECTEC (RT) on 300°.
- Trimmed off all outside fat and split it along the muscle seam. Cleaned out the fat and junk from the seam.
- Shook on a liberal coating of Stubb’s Hot Pork Rub we made.
- Put the two pieces into the RT on the right hand end.
Rouces’ Armadillo Eggs
Chicken breast stuffed with creme cheese and some sort of sausage then wrapped in thick-sliced bacon.
- Shook on moderately Creole Poultry Seasoning
- Put them in the RT
2:00 PM – Put the above in the RT.
- Partially browned the ground meats then added onion and garlic chopped small. Continued simmering until the onions were soft. The meat was barely done.
- Filled the poblanos that had been cut in half, seeded and stemmed.
- Put them on the RT
2:45 PM – Put the poblanos in the RT.
3:45 PM – Seemed like it was too hot so turned the RT down to 280°.
4:30 PM – Pulled the Aermadillo Eggs that had and internal temp of 160-170° and let them rest for about 20 minutes. Ate them for dinner and they were great.