“This is nice with cocktails and is actually tastes better if made a few days in advance. Recipe from Barefoot Contessa Family Style.” Makes 1.5 pints.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese or Greek Yogurt, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ lb smoked salmon, minced
- Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix.
- Add the smoked salmon and mix well.
- Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.
Comments to the post included:
I make this recipe several times per year. I have a traeger smoker so I prepare my own salmon. I tend to use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I always add extra lemon zest and lemon pepper-sometimes some green onions
I don’t have smoked salmon nor fresh dill laying around the house so I had to substitute. I used a 5oz can of skinless boneless salmon. I drained it well and flaked it into a bowl. I added a few drops of liquid smoke and let it set for about an hour. I used 1/2 tsp of dill weed in place of the fresh dill. I added 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and a few drops of Frank’s hot sauce to add a little bite. The horseradish is a nice touch.