Good breading. Seemed a lot like what the real fried fish restaurants serve. Should try this again.
Based on recipe here.
- 1½ cup cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated garlic
- 1 Teaspoons onion powder
- ½ -1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper [Try with both as the first time it was not very spicy]
- 2 teaspoons table salt (adjust to taste)
- 1½ cup buttermilk
First made May 7, 2017. Made one and a half recipe and had a lot left after breading about 6 pounds of catfish fillets cut into 1.5″ steaks plus the backbone. Served with cocktail sauce and spicy tartar sauce Mary made as shown here.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- ½-1 teaspoon mustard sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper relish
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Dash hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste