Kelley made this cheese dip/spread for the July 4, 2021 party and it was great. It is based on Ina Garten’s recipe.
Yield: 1 quart
- 10 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped small
- 6 ounces piquillo peppers, chopped (regular pimento peppers can be substituted)
- 5 cups shredded Cheddar (approximately 1 1/4 pounds)
- “long squirt” of Sriracha
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, and celery seed.
- Mix in the pickled jalapenos, piquillo peppers, and grated Cheddar.
- Add the Sriracha and combine. Taste and add more mayonnaise and Sriracha, if necessary.
- Chill before serving.