9/5/2019 – This recipe was inspired by the one here. But, this is a lot different and surely much better. The chops and the sauce were very good and could become a favorite family dish.
4 large 3/4″ thick pork chops, bone-in
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Ina’s chicken broth
3 whole tomatoes from our garden diced (frozen)
1 4-ounce can mild chopped green chile peppers
2 large onions (quartered and sliced)
3 small bell peppers fresh from our garden
3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons chipotle powder
1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
Red pepper flakes
- The pork chops were brined overnight with salt and pepper.
- Season the pork chops with 6 POGS.
- Dust the pork chops with flour. Place in a skillet where you have heated the olive oil and butter. Cook until brown on both sides.
- Remove from skillet then add the onions, bell peppers, remaining seasonings, can of green chile peppers and cook just until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add chicken stock and heat until starting to simmer.
- Return pork chops to skillet and simmer slowly until they are tender.
- Served over rice.