5/27/2020 & 6/7/2021 – We have enjoyed the stuffed large Zucchini “boats” and wanted to make some spicier in a cajun style. In 2020 this was made with fresh Pattypan, zucchini, and yellow squash as well as green onions from the garden. It also uses our tasso. In 2021, they were made only with zucchini.
Ingredients & Preparation
- Cut the yellow squash and zucchini in half stem to bloom and scooped out the seeds. Cut the pattypans between the bloom and stem and scooped out the seeds.
- Rubbed them with EVO and Kit’s creole seasoning.
- Baked at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- 1 lb. of ground pork and 1 lb. of ground beef;
- 4″ of a Bertran’s green onion sausage and jalapeno sausage in the 2020 cook. In 2021, added the Alabama Speciality Meats “Hot” sausage; and
- 4 pieces of our tasso.
- Sauteed celery, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes (from last year’s garden) in EVO
- Add brown meet to sauteed veggies
- Add parmesan cheese, Swanson’s chicken stock. Added the stock as needed to prevent it from becoming too dry. Simmered for about 30 minutes.
- Filled the baked “boats” and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs. In 2020 we also topped with chives; aka green onions,
- bake 20 minutes then let rest 20 minutes.