This post will contain the various recipes for fried chicken that Tom tries beginning with the first alternative on 2/3/2019.
2/3/2019 – Cajun Style – Had eight thighs trimmed of excess skin and fat. Dry brined with kosher salt for about 4 hours. “Rubbed” with 6POGS about 30 minutes before cooking. Made an egg wash with two eggs and milk. Made a floor dredge with about 2 cups All Purpose Flour and 1.5 T of our Creole Poultry Seasoning. Heat a CI chicken fryer with about 3/8″ of oil.
Dipped the meat in the egg wash then the flour and then into the grease. Cooked until the instant read Chef Works thermometer said it was 160…but they were still undercooked. Sliced the meat of each side of the bone and refried them.
Mary said they were very good. Next Time:
- let the meat sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Needed more salt in the floor.
- Let the 6POGS and dry brine go for at least 24 hours
- use 2T of the creole poultry seasoning.
- Make sure it all gets to 165
- Cornstarch is used up to a 1:1 ratio. Try at 1:4