This is the recipe with the changes Mary made that was inspired by this recipe. It was very good!!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large Red Onion, diced
- Diced up maybe 6 or 8 of the tomatoes from our winter garden.
- 1 lb. of Cod cut into about 8 smaller pieces
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp capers
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped green onion from the garden for a garnish we forgot to use.
- Heat the olive oil in the small dutch oven. Saute the red onion until it is slightly translucent and add the tomatoes. Cook for about 5 min. Add the herbs, garlic and capers, salt and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes. If I had some white wine I would have added it. Let it reduce to a thicker consistency.
- The fish had been cut into pieces and had added salt and pepper.
- About 20 minutes before you are ready to eat. Add the fish and place in a preheated 375 deg. oven. Done when then fish is flakey.
Tom was burning one of our woodpiles so I let it bake and then turned the oven off. Sitting like that really helped the flavors meld together.
Served with steamed broccoli from our garden.