3 to 4 cups coarsely grated zucchini
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 to 1 cup grated cheese for topping
pizza toppings of choice
- Sprinkle grated zucchini with salt, toss, and let sit in a colander for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess moisture with your hands or a dish towel (try to get the zucchini really dry).
- Combine the zucchini, eggs, flour, cheeses, and basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture onto a lightly oiled 10-inch round or 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the surface is dry and beginning to brown.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the top is firm and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and spread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese and toppings, if desired.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.