Below are recipes for sauces and dressings we developed and make regularly.
1000 Island Dressing with Russian Dressing additions
This batch fills a typical mayonnaise jar. The recipe was developed from Ina Garten’s recipe but has a definite Russian Dressing slant. In addition, there is a Cajun kick with the cayenne pepper and a Texas kick with the six peppers in the 6POGS. That mix also adds a bit of onion and garlic from its ground powder components.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish, squeezed
- 1½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon 6POGS
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp fine ground cayenne pepper